Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Phone Service Upgrade.

Well, I've finally done it. I decided to ditch the land phone line and go with only a cell phone. I read about a great deal on My Money Blog and decided to take advantage of it. Here's what I get: 500 minutes/month, nights and weekends start at 7p, unlimited text messaging, unlimited calls to anyone in the Sprint, Nextel, or Boost network; and unlimited data for my new Motorola Q phone for about $30/month. Also, this phone can be used as a modem for your laptop or desktop according to the Sprint site. What Sprint doesn't tell you, from what I've read on other sites, is that you have to purchase some software for the phone from them for about $40 to be able to use that feature. I've also read that software called PDAnet will also allow you to do the same thing for about $34. Does anyone know of a cheaper equivalent to this software?

No comments: