Friday, May 12, 2006

Woah.

I guess 29% of Americans are die-hard Republicans. The only time Bush did anything that I remotely approved of was getting rid of the Taliban in Afghanistan.

I also liked Bush's idea of being able to invest your social security money in the stock market , but it was just a ploy. Most people will want to take out their S.S. money, but most people don't know squat about the stock market. These people will then give their money to brokerage firms that will get a nice commission.

I kind of dig the "guest worker" program that Bush has in mind. I don't know too much about it, but on the surface it actually seems like a good idea. I don't think that we should give amnesty to all the illegal immigrants because then you might as well give amnesty to everyone for everything. Why stop at illegal immigration? I think creating a guest worker program will slow illegal immigration but not stop it. It'll keep the not-so-desperate people from trying to cross the boarder, but not the people with nothing to lose. To stop illegal immigration, the US needs to help make these people's home country a better place to live. We need to help make their home countries good enough, at least, to where people aren't willing to risk their lives to try and have a better life.

No comments: