Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Birmingham International Auto Show.

Yesterday, Becky and I went to the Birmingham International Auto Show. I've been to the one in Detroit and the Birmingham version is minuscule in comparison. It's still pretty neat though. The concept cars are always fun to look at and since there are far fewer people at the Birmingham Auto Show, you don't have to wait long to sit in the car of your choice. When I used to go to the show in Detroit, my friends and I would have a contest to see who could be the first to find the car where they forgot to disable the horn (there always seemed to be at least one). There always seems to be one at the Birmingham show as well. Becky frowns upon that little ritual, so I didn't try to hard to find it, though I did hear the horn from time to time. Also, Becky ended up "winning" a Nalgene-style bottle from the people in the Suzuki area. She was pretty happy about that.

Here are some pictures from our day.

This is a Chevy concept car.

Becky is testing out the seat in a Mitsubishi.


ALWAYS keep your eyes on the road, even when dealing with paparazzi.


Ever since I was a kid, I've always wondered why no one ever made a car entirely out of chrome, since people like it so much. Well, this it what it would look like.

That kid holding onto the chain is as shocked as I was that someone finally decided to make an all chrome car.

This looks like a concept car, but the sticker in the windshield means it isn't.




That was the leather seat, I swear.

...or was it?


The coolest dune buggy I've seen so far.



No comments: